Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thursday

Thursday was pretty much a perfect day!  Here's what happened (do you know what that phrase is from?):
  • We woke up to the sound of rain
  • My students were really productive
  • School ended at 12:25
  • That was followed by 8 hours of parent teacher conferences (I am one of the very few teacher who actually enjoys conferences)
  • Conferences were interrupted by my incredibly thoughtful husband showing up to say hi and tell     me he loves me (the parent thought it was sweet...SO DID I!)
  • Our wonderful PTSO brought us dinner.  And while I was so booked I did not have time to eat, I did have a chance to grab a roll...oh my stars!  I am now in LOVE with Texas Roadhouse Rolls!!!
  • All of my parents were super great and really supportive.  Unfortunately, that is a rare occurrence nowadays.  Explains why my class is wonderful this year!
  • The pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I made for the parents and kids were just about gone by the end of the night
  • I talked and laughed with the other 4th grades teachers for a good hour after conferences.
  • I came home to a very cool house with doors and windows open - I LOVE FALL!
  • My previously mentioned thoughtful husband made us grilled cheese sandwiches with hot chocolate (what I always crave on cold, rainy days) to enjoy while we sat in bed and watched Seinfeld. 


No comments: