Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Lookout

Over Memorial Day Weekend we had the chance to head up to my  grandparents cabin in Strawberry for a couple of days.  It has always been fun to go up and spend time with family and relax.  However, now that I get to take Robert, it is even better!  It is fun to show him a place that has so many fun memories from my childhood. 

One of the things we used to do every summer when we spent time at the cabin was to climb the mountain up to First Lookout.  So we got up early on Memorial Day and hiked.  (The sad part is it was so much easier when I little...apparently I need to get a grip).  

Climbing.

We had a hard time trying to get a decent picture together once we got to First Lookout because the sun was so bright!  And of course we look awesome after climbing a mountain...

So we tried one in the shade.


And then one with the view...isn't it gorgeous?


This is my personal favorite! 

I hope that at some point in our lives we have a place like this to go with our children.  I have always dreamed of living in a small town, and since Robert grew up in one...maybe it will happen!  But for now, we have my grandparents' wonderful cabin in Strawberry!

No comments: